Dealing With Emergency Situations at Home
Home accidents can endanger numerous people and can haveserious consequences, but these consequences can be reduced with easy-to-follow backup measures that help minimize losses, as well as preventive behavior among all family members in the United Arab Emirates.
Emergency situations are unexpected events that occur without warning. How do you behave if you encounter an emergency situation at home? Who do you call in this case? What can you do to help?
The first basic principle to be taught in almost all relief systems is that it is important for the savior, whether a layman or a rescue worker, to realize the gravity of the situation. This realization ensures that the savior will not become a victim in any subsequent incident, causing a new emergency to be dealt with.
After assessing the situation, you should decide whether or not there is a need to contact the emergency services provider.
In many cases, the emergency situation is less serious than it may seem at first sight, and may not require intervention from relief agencies.
In the case of a true need for emergency services, the average person will automatically request relief using the local emergency number, which is used to summon relief professionals.
The emergency communications people may give some instructions to the person at the scene of the incident by telephone.
What to do while waiting for emergency services:
- Provide first aid for the injured at the site of the incident (It is the initial procedure that is performed on an infected person to prevent other complications until he reaches the hospital or arrives at the ambulance)
- Check for the presence of other, or previously unrecognized, patients.
- In the event of delayed access to relief, it is possible to:
- Keep the injured away from danger.
- Take more advanced medical action, depending on your qualifications.
Basic First Aid:
Take immediate action
- Immediate action is important to save lives, and it is important that your immediate action does not cause the victim to be frightened.
- Try to stay calm and think about your actions before you perform them.
The importance of having a first-aid kit / box at home:
- The home pharmacy should be in an accessible location.
- It should be well equipped and organized so that things are easy to obtain.
- Place clear instructions on everything inside to show the purpose for which it is used.
- Some individuals could be sensitive to certain types of drugs or their compounds, so make sure that home-based medicines do not cause allergies to individuals.
- Pay attention to the history of the validity of drugs, and throw old ones and renew them.
Contents of basic home pharmacy:
- Analgesics for headaches and pain.
- Analgesics Symptoms of colds, colds and nasal congestion.
- Analgesics of abdominal pain.
- Itchy skin treatments for allergies.
- An antibiotic ointment to treat wounds and surface burns.
- Oral gurgling or sore throat products.
- Eye lotion (when exposed to dust).
- A disinfectant for cuts and burns.
- Medical thermometer
- A small battery lamp
- Cool compresses
- Sharp scissors
- Small forceps
- Sterile gauze
- Adhesive tape of different sizes
- Rubber bandage (compression band used for joints)
- Plastic gloves.
- Medical smear.
- Adhesive bandages
- Detergent soap
- Emergency for people with special needs
Persons with special needs can receive emergency medical assistance by sending an SMS to 5999. Information about the accident, the patient's location, and the telephone number through which the police can communicate must be sent.
Critical medical conditions
If emergency medical assistance is needed, you should do the following:
- Call the ambulance number 998.
- Provide the employee with your name and phone number.
- Determine the nature of the emergency and the number of people affected.
- Provide emergency personnel with details of the accident site and do not end the call unless you are asked to do so.
- Do not move the injured person from his place unless his life is threatened at the site.
- Make sure that the affected person remains conscious—do not try to give him fluids if he is unconscious.
- Do not attempt to provide any help with first aid procedures unless you are qualified to do so
- Do not endanger yourself and risk injury to yourself.
- Do not do something that you are not trained to, because this may lead to deterioration of the condition of the injured or his death, God forbid.
- Reassure the injured—the psychological value of reassuring the patient is as important as the medical treatment.
- Police: 999
- Ambulance: 998
- Fire and Rescue (Civil Defense) 997
- Water and Electricity Emergency Abu Dhabi: 2332 800
- Water and Electricity Emergency - Al -Ain: 8009008
- Abu Dhabi Government Contact Center: 555 800
Remember as a paramedic and you are not a doctor and so on you need help In order to obtain expert medical assistance